Sunday, January 1, 2012

It's a new year!

2011 was a stressful yet productive year that ended very well for me. I had a wonderful year of running and adventure racing, which I've already recap'd, and I can't wait to see what happens in 2012.
I ended 2011 with a 12 mile run at Umstead State Park. The weather was phenomenal and I ran in shorty shorts and a tank-top! Who would have thought it'd be that warm here at the end of the year? The run was great and refreshing with a stream crossing (x2). Today I got in a few shake out miles with my buddy Erin just to start the new year off right. I don't do resolutions but I do want to start keeping my training log again. I did good last year through August but then slacked off.
I've had some great changes recently and some more coming up. I can't wait to see where they go next year. There is a lot to look forward to and a lot of life to live. I'm thankful I get to wake up everyday to all the things and people I have in my life. I am incredibly fortunate to be able to enjoy the great outdoors and I plan to take advantage of that every chance I get. I uncovered a lot of my potential in 2011 but I know there is lots more just itching to show itself! Let's do this!

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment