Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sunday 16 miler

   It was another gorgeous day here in North Carolina and I took advantage of it. I headed out at 10:00 to run a 16 mile loop; all on road. When I rolled out of bed this morning, I was a little tight/sore from hiking about 3 hours yesterday at Raven Rock State Park. It was beautiful and my BFF, Erin, came with me and we had a picnic of my homemade tuna salad/pita, mango, blueberries and almonds.


   The temperature, when I started, was a lovely 57° and I was in shorty shorts and a t-shirt. It really hasn't felt like January/winter but I'M LOVING IT!! No complaints here! I hadn't charged my Garmin and I didn't know what pace I was running, so I just went with what felt good. I met Erin at the halfway point and she ran the last half with me. I always love being able to do my longer runs with her. We are always able to chat and it makes the miles seem to breeze by. This run gave us some great hills and was a great workout.


   Sometimes after long runs, my stomach bothers me. It doesn't always happen but today is one of those days. I just finished the run about 45 mins ago and haven't been able to eat anything yet. I did mix up a Carnation Instant Breakfast packet (chocolate) with some 1% milk and was able to down that.


   I'm feeling more prepared now for the Uwharrie 40 coming up in less than a month. Next weekend I'm going to try to get 30 miles out of Saturday and Sunday; maybe 20/10 or 22/8.


Have a great week folks!


Distance: 16 miles
Route: St. Mere drop zone loop
Shoes: Brooks Ghost 3 (purple)
Food:
   Breakfast- waffle and Chai spiced oatmeal w/milk and cofffee
   During the run- 1 GU, 1 pack of Sport Beans, 2 water bottles (one with    
   diluted V8 cran/blackberry juice...don't think that was a good move; just 
   trying it out)
   Result: Upset tummy after


LIVESTRONG!

1 comment:

  1. Hey nice job on your blogsite. You might enjoy this former loopster; she's pretty serious. Interesting thoughts here(http://smalltownraces.blogspot.com/2012/01/performance-fuel-part-2-re-thinking-my.html) on fueling on the run.

    ReplyDelete