Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Eve run

What a better way to start off Christmas Eve than with a frosty 7 mile run. I managed to get myself out at 7:30 this morning and took off down the road. I hate running around where I live but sometimes I just don't want to drive to go run. My neighborhood is a bit shady (and not because of the trees). I wanted to get some decent miles in so I started taking side roads I hadn't run down before.


It was pretty uneventful except for almost being eaten by a big ol' German Shepherd. Luckily, there was a fence between us and I saw him before he started barking b/c I might have peed my pants.


The air was nice and chilly and everything smelled great. I love the smell of leaves after they've fallen off the trees. I am going home for the holidays and hope to get some good runs in while I'm there. My mom lives in a valley in the backwoods of Western NC so there are some good hills to train on.


I hope everyone has a safe and Merry Christmas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment