Sunday, August 25, 2013

I'm a Colorado runner now!


     It's been a while since my last post mainly because my running hasn't been all that exciting for a while. After the MMTR in November, I took some time off due to an injury from the race. That time turned into more and more time and I am just now getting back to actually training.
     I signed up for the City of Oaks marathon for this November in Raleigh, NC. I found and started a training plan for the race back in July. Everything was going smooth and I was actually following it pretty well for the first time ever. However, I just moved to Colorado! I've been here 5 days so far and I have NOT acclimated yet. I did my second run today, seven miles, and was still gasping for air. William and I climbed a 14er (Gray's Peak: 14,270 ft.) on Thursday and I am still incredibly sore from that. I felt the same way I do after I run a 50K or more! It started storming when we got to the top so we had to book it down. We pretty much ran about half of the way down! 
Taking a breather before we got to the top of Gray's
     I haven't completed a single race this year but hope to do a half next month. There aren't many races here after October, because of the weather, so I probably won't get in a marathon this year. I am beyond excited for all the running opportunities I have out here and the races that I'll no doubt conquer next year. I hope to keep this blog updated for now on and write of my adventures in this wonderful state!
More of Gray's....beautiful day!



No comments:

Post a Comment